turbo charger | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

turbo charger

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

just let us know when you do, we will have a lottery to see who sells you a new motor,

If this is the one that I think it is, STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!! There is a guy/group selling Chinese T4 knockoffs that have a very nasty habit of failing and causing all kinds of grief, like impeller "shards" in the intake/intercooler/combustion chamber, to start with. Bad bearing are a close second. They are listed on a couple of "booster boards" and the vote is a "FAIL" on these due to quality/manufacturing shortcomings.

It never ceases to amaze me how people will put such inferior products on vehicles all in the name of saving money. You simply cannot have "the ultimate vehicle" with buying substandard parts. Namebrands in the automotive industry are not simply the results of successful advertising (usually), it's quality parts backed by industry experts' experience.

thats y i asked u guys cuz u guys know your stuff i was just asking u dont need to give me **** when i dont know alot

My second comment was just a general statement. Not directed at you; sorry if it seemed that way. The first one answered your question.

I have probably the only FS X-charger kit in the world right now if you are interested in the classifieds if you are looking to boost your 5.0.

You are better off going the supercharger rout, IMO. There are lots of 5.0L Mustang kits that can be altered relatively easily to bolt on a 5.0L Explorer. I recommend finding a Kenne Bell blower kit and using it. They deliver power across the RPM range better than turbos and are much easier to install.

You are better off going the supercharger rout, IMO. There are lots of 5.0L Mustang kits that can be altered relatively easily to bolt on a 5.0L Explorer. I recommend finding a Kenne Bell blower kit and using it. They deliver power across the RPM range better than turbos and are much easier to install.

Or he can buy my Bolt-On X-Charger kit that requires no alteration ;).

Or he can buy my Bolt-On X-Charger kit that requires no alteration ;).

Absolutely! That sounds like the path of least headaches to me.:thumbsup:

Frequent the Mustang sites and troll around on Craigs List to find one. You can also order one new from Kenne Bell and they might even make the snout modifications for you.

If you are serious then look into the kit dasfinc is selling. If he has one that bolts on it will save you some headaches and cost you less in the long run.

never buy a ebay turbo..... take it from me. lol

Back