turn signal lever and blowing off steam | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

turn signal lever and blowing off steam

fireftr

Reaction score
City, State
strongsville,ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
'05 Limited 4.6
:confused: Anybody ever find a solution to fix the first generations' sensitive signal lever. My '92 returns back to the center position after turning the wheel only a few degrees; way less than any other vehicle I've driven. This is very aggravating. If you make a movement with the wheel before actually starting your turn, the damn thing shuts off and you have to keep moving it back again-------Way to go FORD engineers! (I know how it is, seeing this is the very first ever automatic turn signal ). You know, you want to buy American, but l'm sorry, little crap like this is not acceptable. Especially for the outrageous prices charged for vehicles today. Quality control? Sounds good, but today they do anything to sell the vehicle up front, then you're on your own to fight with the service guys in the back. Then they've got the nerve to finally fix even something easy right the THIRD time. I don't know, I must be getting old, 'cause I don't put up with this stuff anymore. Service dept people hate me, but I won't let myself get taken advantage of. Pity anyone who is auto-illiterate.....the sharks (dealership people) will eat them up. Over-all my EX has been a good vehicle, but I wonder what headaches lie out there with my next purchase.

I know what you mean about the turn signal lever. Mine is the same way and I don't think there is anything to do about it. I do have one good thing to say about it. When you are changing lanes on the highway and just want it to blink a few times it is easy to push it a little so it doesn't stay on. On every other car I drove it is too easy that you push a little and nothing happens or it stays on so you have to make it return to the center.

Carl :usa:

Back