• Register Today It's free!

Turn Signal problems

Richster

Reaction score
City, State
Nashville TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT 5 speed
I was wondering if anyone has any ideas for me... Both left and right turn signals in my '93 XLT are dead. No relays clicking, no dash indicators, nothing! The bulbs are fine, as the flashers are still working, as well as low and high beams. And I couldn't find a bad fuse either.

Yesterday it did come on after the steering wheel was turned in that direction, but today nothing. Thanks for any suggestions!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Probably a blownfuse or a bad flasher relay. Both are in the fuse box on 93"s. Haynes manual says if you have airbags you should disconect both battery cables when working in this area. Good luck!

pulling out a fuse or relay shoudnt cause a air bag to deply unless you pull the wrong one

Originally posted by jimabena74
pulling out a fuse or relay shoudnt cause a air bag to deply unless you pull the wrong one

The warning concerned: impact sensors, steering column and instrument panel. Just thought I would mention it.
Personally I wouldn't bother.

Thanks everyone, it was simply the flasher relay. Easy and CHEAP! Those are the kind problems to have.
And no airbags to worry about.

Any advice on fuel injector service or cleaning?

Back