turn signals working intermittently | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

turn signals working intermittently

awakeatground0

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 ford explorer xlt
Hi everyone, im new to this forum. I have a 2003 ford explorer xlt 4.0 v6. the other day my turn signals, both left and right, began to work intermittently. When i flip the lever, they will click out of sequence, or click a few times and stop, and sometimes they work fine still. everything else is working perfectly on the the turn signal switch: my hazards, brights, wipers, etc. its just the turn signals. I went and bought a new turn signal switch assembly and with the new one i still have the same exact issue. Ive replaced all the bulbs both front and back. i also wiggled and played with the electrical connectors to the turn signal switch, no difference there, everything seemed to be intact. Any ideas???, im thinking maybe there is a relay somewhere that is bad or going bad.

any input is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There is a flasher relay mounted on the back side of the fuse panel behind the dash. Several people have fixed your problem by changing this out.

thank you, my initial thought was a relay, but i figured the relay would be in the turn signal switch itself. ill give it a shot

Ditto. Flasher relay after you've ruled out the MFS switch, connector, and turn signal lamps.

I concur. Flasher relay.

Back