Washer and Wipers working intermittently | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Washer and Wipers working intermittently

cdkeeney

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Ford Explorer
06 Explorer - For the past couple of years my rear wiper and washer only worked intermittently. At first it was a problem only once in a while. Currently the rear wiper and washer only work rarely. (I've put the intermittent switch on and as I'm driving in the rain it sometimes begins to work). At about a year ago, I noticed the front washer was working intermittently as well - but only occasionally. Currently, the washer does not work, but it too can start to work, but it is not reliable. Once in a while (every 2 or more months apart, everything (Front and Back) all begin to work. The rear has its own cycle which is not often, and the front, when it starts to work it stays on for several months and goes off again for a month or more - and on it goes.... Can anyone give me an overview of where the power goes from the switch - through relays or control switching??? then to the washer pumps / wipers?

I'd like to find a electrical schematic for my system - AND a wiring harness layout so I can troubleshoot the problem. I can live without the rear wiper and washer, but the front washer fails I'm in trouble. HELP!

Back