• Register Today It's free!

Tuxedo Sport ordered :)

13TuxedoSport

Reaction score
City, State
Visalia, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Sport
After months of deciding on what vehicle to replace my 04 GTO, my wife and I decided on an Explorer sport.

Started with a 2012 BMW 328i, to BMW X5, to Audi Q7, basically all over the German side (since our other car is an 04 Passat that's been good to us)... then I went to the Explorer because of the value for the $$$ (and I worked at a Ford dealership for 4 years and like the 11 - on Explorers).

Went to the dealership to try a locate (they had a black base 400a with a moonroof there, to at least test drive)...

So we ordered one a couple weeks back... 402A package with tow pack, tuxedo black with sienna/charcoal interior.

It's amazing the value for the dollar you get with the sport as compared to the other luxury SUV's out there...every little option just nickel's and dime's you up to $50k++

I'll keep everyone posted on my order status. Haven't gotten VIN yet, but I'm not too anxious as the car will get here when it gets here. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

congrats you will really like it

Timeline Update:

Ordered - 12/27/2012

VIN - 1/25/2013

Built - week of 2/4/2013

Shipped - week of 2/18/2013

Dealer ETA - 2/24/2013

Pics to come soon!

Timeline Update:

Ordered - 12/27/2012

VIN - 1/25/2013

Built - week of 2/4/2013

Dealer ETA - 2/24/2013

Pics to come soon!

Your Sport and timeline are almost identical to mine! I have tuxedo sport w/sienna&charcoal seats with 402A plus some other options on order and my ETA is 2/24 as well. So excited! I'll post pics as well.

Timeline Update:

Ordered - 12/27/2012

VIN - 1/25/2013

Built - week of 2/4/2013

Dealer ETA - 2/24/2013

Pics to come soon!

Your Sport and timeline are almost identical to mine! I have tuxedo sport w/sienna&charcoal seats with 402A plus some other options on order and my ETA is 2/24 as well. So excited! I'll post pics as well.

Timeline Update:

Ordered - 12/27/2012

VIN - 1/25/2013

Built - week of 2/4/2013

Dealer ETA - 2/24/2013

Pics to come soon!

It's getting so close, 13TuxedoSport! Tell me you aren't jumping up and down with excitement right now. ;)

I'll look forward to seeing those pics you mentioned.

Crystal

It's getting so close, 13TuxedoSport! Tell me you aren't jumping up and down with excitement right now. ;)

I'll look forward to seeing those pics you mentioned.

Crystal

I am not yet... but on Tuesday or Wednesday (hopefully) when we pick er up, I will be very EXCITED!

Thank you So much for the status updates... I couldn't have asked for anyone better :D

sweet! I'm just HOPING that there is no transport damage lol

Explorer is close, texted my salesman today and he said it should drop late tomorrow or early wednesday!

I'm hoping sooner than not. Hehe

I'm getting a little annoyed with mine...my first eta was 2/18, then changed to 2/24 and still no Ex. Called my salesperson, it took him all day to call me back only to tell me it is "still in the rails in Cali". What? Why would a completed car sit at the rail yard for over a week? Annoyed.

My salesman called me and said it should be in tomorrow morning.

Picking the Explorer up from the dealership tomorrow afternoon finally! Been a long 9 weeks!

Is your Explorer home yet, 13TuxedoSport? Don't leave us hanging! :D

Crystal

Yeah, I posted some pics on a new thread. LOL. Interior came wrong but oh well.

Back