• Register Today It's free!

Two different 5R55S Models?

FHP89LX

Reaction score
City, State
Sierra Vista, Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Mercury Mountaineer
Not able to get under the truck to even find my transmission model number but I am shopping around and I see there are two models of this transmission.

What is the difference between 9L2P-7000 CA and the AL2P-7000 CA

I have a 2010 Mountaineer V6 2WD with a 5R55S

Thank you

Not able to get under the truck to even find my transmission model number but I am shopping around and I see there are two models of this transmission.

Thank you
I don't think there's a difference, at least not major ones. The part number will often change even for small revisions to one component. The thing to go with is compatibility listings from Ford or a transmission supplier.

Thank you
9L2P vs AL2P is as follows A stands for 2010 and 9 stands for 2009.... L2 is explorer and P is transmission and axle product and manufacturing (automatic transmission)

since the parts numbers are the same and the last 2 letters is the revision code the only question is what did ford change between 06/07/08/09/10 since the year isnt the actual model its the year it was designed or changed and there were no actual revisions.... im guessing something in the shift program

Back