• Register Today It's free!

two spout connectors

damnford

Reaction score
City, State
pine city washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 explorer eddibouere
i was looking my friends 94 explorer over and noticed it has two spout connectors, one back by the diagnostics plug, and one by the ign module up on the radiator support. why is that and which do i disconnect to test things or do i disconnect either one? and another question will the truck run without the spouts being plugged in? i tried to bypass the ecm relay but must have done it wrong because i smoked the diode and the only one that has a replacement is the dealer. went to the wrecking yard and all that had been pulled. what is the other diode for in the underhood fuse box?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i see one is for octane, the other must go to the spout. now if i can figure out why i have no power to term 30 on the ecm relay the fuse is good

got it figured out finally the terminal was pushed in and not making contact. now i have spark. so i checked the fuel pressure and it struggled to get up to 20psi with the key on. and it held that pressure. the truck almost started, it backfired through the throttle body once and almost started. we will change the fuel filter tomorrow as well as the crank sensor. he ran it out of gas so he probably sucked the crap off the bottom of the tank.

changed the filter yesterday the stuff that came out was brown so i guess it was time to change the filter, we are dropping the tank Monday, he figured if he is in it this far might as well change the pump as well as clean out the tank. he wanted to go used and I convinced him to go new, it cost a little more but it is dollars ahead. I have good spark now I had the no. 1 wire off so I reached over to plug it in while it was cranking and it jumped my finger across my chest to my other hand, boy did that wake me up.

I have good spark now I had the no. 1 wire off so I reached over to plug it in while it was cranking and it jumped my finger across my chest to my other hand, boy did that wake me up.

Really cheap and reliable spark tester...

Your not alone...

it did go across my chest and made my heart flutter a few times. i have a spark tester but as i was cranking the motor it slipped a bit and i went to push it back in. good thing i wasn't leaning on the car it would has zapped me a little lower

Old "One Eye" wouldn't like that...

Back