Unbeliveable dealer response | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Unbeliveable dealer response

...I had mine blow off on the highway this weekend.

Hey isellhomes,

I'll move this up the chain; I see that you responded to my PM, so I'll get started on your case and ensure this gets resolved. :thumbsup:

Crystal

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

As a Canadian shopper seriously considering an Explorer, this is very disconcerting. It's been over a decade since I last purchased a Ford, and decided that it might be safe again to purchase another one. After my last bad experience ('97 Sable) we purchased an '05 Matrix which we still have and love. I will continue comparing my options for my upcoming vehicle purchase, but I have to say this was disappointing!!!

My advice to Ford is to fix Scripo's trim on his NEW Explorer, showing to the rest of us that you care about your customers. Just because he bought used, doesn't mean he's any less of a customer. He chose YOUR product for a reason. Now show that you care.

I do not get it.

All vehicles have problems. In the big picture this is a small issue.

But, if Ford will not stand behind a small issue how can anyone depend on Ford to stand behind a normal or big issue?:scratch::scratch:

Why would some one buy a Ford????

I'm waiting to see how isellhomes' dealer takes care of his identical problem.

Peter

I do not get it.

All vehicles have problems. In the big picture this is a small issue.

But, if Ford will not stand behind a small issue how can anyone depend on Ford to stand behind a normal or big issue?:scratch::scratch:

Why would some one buy a Ford????

Definitely not defending Ford because this issue is absolutely ridiculous. But from what I've seen over the years, it seems to be a FoC issue. Seems FoC is very difficult to work with, heck, they just recently started with the online forums where in the US, they've been on here for almost 3 years.

I buy for because I love their products. I also have proper expectations that there will be issues however I also expect for my issues to be dealt with and so far with all 3 vehicles I've had, they have treated me very well. Even covered repairs over 100,000 miles on my F250.

So my rear driver side caliper seized at 30,000 KM and I brought it to the dealer. I got lucky because Ford replaced both for a new model under warranty, apparently there is some issue with the old one.

I asked the new dealer I went to about the pillar trim and it was also replaced under warranty.

Kinda sucks that I drove around for 9 months without the cover but it's fixed and that's what counts.

So my rear driver side caliper seized at 30,000 KM and I brought it to the dealer. I got lucky because Ford replaced both for a new model under warranty, apparently there is some issue with the old one.

I asked the new dealer I went to about the pillar trim and it was also replaced under warranty.

Kinda sucks that I drove around for 9 months without the cover but it's fixed and that's what counts.

It should have been fixed MUCH sooner and without all the hassle. Shame on Ford.

Back