Uncomfortable driver seating position | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Uncomfortable driver seating position

Dr Plastic

Reaction score
City, State
Newport News, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
'15 Limited FWD
Yes I tried my EX on for size prior to purchasing but I am finding that the drivers seat, due to its design creates an uncomfortable pressure point under my right leg. This is because the way the seat bottoms side bolsters are not even with the center section. When I am sitting in the seat the for and aft seam of the seat sits right under the middle of my leg and gets uncomfortable as all hell!

The area is shown in the box in the photo below.

2012FordExplorerdash-vi.jpg

I have lowered the seat to try to relieve the pressure but sometimes this is not enough.

Does anyone else experience this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can't say that I have experienced this. We've spent a considerable amount of time in our vehicle with road trips (with travel days up to 12 hours spent in the car at one time). I think this is the first car that my wife and I both feel the seats are comfortable. I prefer firm, she prefers softer.

I'm quite happy with my seats. Even on a 600 mile drive they proved very comfortable.

+1 for being very happy with my ex's seats. I think I have seen a NHTSA complaint about the seating position though. Those complaints are supplied by customers like you and me though.

Haven't experienced it... but I'm not sure the bottom of my thigh even extends out that far!
With all the adjustments and the heating/cooling in the seats, I find them VERY comfortable. (and love having the memory tied to the MyKey ... it just sets itself to whoever is driving without me having to think about it!

Back