ldearroz

Reaction score
City, State
Jeddah, KSA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Eddie Bauer
2qapdw0.jpg

Hello All,
I'm wondering if anyone can tell me what is this connector located on the back end of the intake manifold on my 92 EB? I has 4 pins, white round connector. It isn't connected anywhere! Is is connected along with the harness for the injectors (1-2-3). Could it be the HEGO connector?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Some tranny wiring is back there but i dont think its that far up

Thanks DVB! that was quick! So now I know im running without HEGO! The previous owner must have removed it when he replaced CAT and all. But I am not getting a CHEK ENGINE LIGHT ON??

That design definatly looks like the o2 sensor connector. Normally it is hanging down along side the trans..

~Mark

Hello again Mark!
Why is it that I don't get a CHECK ENGINE light ON? VIP works fine I can make it flash codes or it turns ON when I pull the connector on the MAF??

How long have you driven it with the new harness? I'm thinking that the CEL may not light up w/out an o2 sensor until it figures out that there are no readings once the engine is warmed up. Also, it might be one of those things it has to see a couple times before it throws the code...

I know I've started our X w/out the o2 sensor connected and I don't remember seeing a CEL.. I didn't drive it as I caught it before I took it on the road.

Also, I haven't seen the cam or egr connector so there is a chance it could be for those (I think I remember you saying this harness came from a 1993/1994 which has them)..

~Mark

No I haven't changed the wirings, I just saw this connector not connected anywhere when I was looking for possible cause for the misfire I just fixed. I noticed that the engine RPM is a bit high , but I can't tell coz the tach isn't working either.

Back