Unknown Problems 2003 explorer HELP!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Unknown Problems 2003 explorer HELP!!!

Jonathan Webb

Reaction score
City, State
Brandon, Ms
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer
I have a 2003 Explorer 4.0 V6 Eddie Bauer. It has 285,000 miles on it. A couple of months ago i got in it and started to drive off and when i would press the peddle, it would not accelerate. If i pushed it to hard it would die. No check engine light at this time. I have replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, spark plugs and wires. After all this, no change. The other day i tried it again and the check engine light came on and the code on the tester was P0122 which is the Throttle Positions sensor. I replaced it and still no change. The only training I have had on vehicles is from youtube. you can crank it and it will idle but when you push the peddle it will not climb over 1200rpms and you push it hard it dies. any help would be greatly appreciated

um.... good to know. ill check that when i get home. I call myself putting the new one on exactlly like to old one came off but not sure now. Ill check in report back.

Back