updated pics - new grill from ebay | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

updated pics - new grill from ebay

rama1200

Reaction score
City, State
Jackson, MS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 explorer xls
i just took these over the weekend.... after installing an ebay combo grill... I'm trying to decide... leave it like it is or paint it black?

what do you think?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2191157

21911570213_large.jpg
21911570184_large.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks nice man, I' thinking of doing the same to replace mine as the chrome plastic is flaking off..:thumbsup:

looks great, the thing about it being black is from a distance it looks like theres nothing there! and u get a clear view of the radiator. What about painting it black and keeping the emblem, you could paint the inside if the emblem too! But it looks sweet as is

I like it... I have the 2nd. Gen wheels on my 2005. I really like the offset of those wheels. Your pics show me just how the grill would look on mine.. Thanks.

looks great

how easy is that grill
to install?

I
DO LIKE THAT GRILL.IS THERE ONE FOR A 97? THE BOTTOM PIECE ALSO?...THANKS:salute: I LIKE THE SILVER

how easy is that grill
to install?

really simple... just unscrew the screws of the oem and screw the new one.

the bumper insert is a bit more involved.... but I just got rid of the plastic insert (since I have my yellow fogs in there anyway)... and just screw the grill in to the wholes where the plastic piece went....

All hardware was included, no drilling.... I bought it from grill4u or grills4you on ebay, about $100 for bought... plus if you take pics of their product install on your truck... they give you $20 back.... I'm still waiting for mine... let's see how long it takes them..

it looks nice. I'm a fan of the billet grilles that keep the ford logo tho.

I think paint it black. It complements the flat black work you did.l:)

thanks the reply. I always wondered how hard it would be to install a grill. Sounds to be pretty simple.

I am just going off what i see on TV when they install a grill on a caddalac and have to cut out the orginal. I havent really looked at my explorer one.

Thanks

keep it as is. If you're gonna paint it black should have just kept what you had, minus the mesh (that should have been painted black) I think both look nice.

My wife wouldn't go for that grille, she wants the one below instead

1521017IPU.jpg

just a thought how about the billet style grill but bring the stripes down over the grill, but they both look good. nice X

keep it as is. If you're gonna paint it black should have just kept what you had, minus the mesh (that should have been painted black) I think both look nice.

My wife wouldn't go for that grille, she wants the one below instead

1521017IPU.jpg

I saw those... I thought they made the X look like a mitsu montero sport...

but if that is what the wife says.... you know how that goes...

keep it as is in the first pic. The seperation looks good, I think that would be overkill.... wait, let me see what the wife says :rolleyes:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i wanna do what you did with both grilles... but i have to paint the trim before i go ahead with the grille... im slacking so bad...

Back