Upgrade to leather power heated seats | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Upgrade to leather power heated seats

kaw900r

Reaction score
City, State
Ohio on top of the mountain
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 xlt v8
2007 xlt and want to switch out sweats for leather from an 08 explorer> does anyone know if the mounting of the seats to truck are the same. Went to dealer but not to helpful. t/u

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2007 xlt and want to switch out sweats for leather from an 08 explorer> does anyone know if the mounting of the seats to truck are the same. Went to dealer but not to helpful. t/u

driver side will fit, dont know about passenger side as that is manual in the XLT i think. drive side should plug in to the harness as they are all the same to keep manufacture costs down. but you are missing the buttons in your middle dash area that would control heated seats. the wiring is there behind it - i replaced my radio and saw the wiring there. im not sure if your SJB/GEM will need a flash or need fuses in the fuse box. could be plug and play.

driver side will fit, dont know about passenger side as that is manual in the XLT i think. drive side should plug in to the harness as they are all the same to keep manufacture costs down. but you are missing the buttons in your middle dash area that would control heated seats. the wiring is there behind it - i replaced my radio and saw the wiring there. im not sure if your SJB/GEM will need a flash or need fuses in the fuse box. could be plug and play.

Really appreciate your reply. I was hoping that the harness already had everything and was planning on getting the buttons for heated seat from the vehicle I am getting seats from.

So the plug for the heated seat on the passenger side should be under my current seat also?

These may help in figuring out the wiring. For the passenger seat, both heated seat element connectors are under the seat, one gray, one green. Both are 2 wire connectors. The seat heaters are wired in series, so any break in the circuit means both seat bottom and seat back will not work.

Heated Seats.jpg

Driver Seat Main Connector.jpg

Passenger Seat Main Connector.jpg

Driver Seat Connector Locations.jpg

Did any Sport Trac ever have passenger power seat, like the adrenalin? Also is it made in the same plant as the Explorer?

P/u seats today, installed easy rear driver and started taking out rear psg. Front driver on power seat has 2 plugs and 1 on psg. Will probably install front psg and see what happens. Probably nothing but at least I had them cut harness to floor so I can splice. Seats are out of 2008 explorer. Any advice t/u

These may help in figuring out the wiring. For the passenger seat, both heated seat element connectors are under the seat, one gray, one green. Both are 2 wire connectors. The seat heaters are wired in series, so any break in the circuit means both seat bottom and seat back will not work.

View attachment 178318

View attachment 178319

View attachment 178320

View attachment 178322
Paul,

Donyou have this diagram for the driver seat and possibly for a 2008 explorer with 10 way power seat? Went to dealer and they couldn't even get close to what you have. T/u

No

View attachment 178318

View attachment 178319

View attachment 178320

View attachment 178322
Working off of these trying to see what to match up with new wires. Tried putting power to seats power and ground but nothing. Wondering if needs to be connected to door module?

Is it possible to bench test the seat and see if it moves? Tried connecting power and grounding but nothing...

Pulled center console and face plate yesterday to find no wires or plug to go to heated seat button. Going to do the splicing today and see if I can get the passenger seat to now that I know what is the power and ground wires...

Might be the plug for heated seats but it is smaller than the female plug on the heated seat dash button. I will get the plug from junkyard and see if the wires are the same.

Seats are in and working. Now to get heated seats working, have hot wire to switch when car is running and wire to seat wire yl/bu & gr/bu but switch never lights up.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200308-112539_Docs To Go.jpg
    Screenshot_20200308-112539_Docs To Go.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 112

Back