Cloth Power Seat Swap to Leather Heated power seat help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cloth Power Seat Swap to Leather Heated power seat help

v10gta

Reaction score
City, State
VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Explorer XLT
I have a 1995 Ford Exploder XLT. It has both passenger and driver power seats. I want to swap the cloth power seats I have for leather heated power seats from the junk yard. Are their any wires that i would have to splice or run for the heated option? Im not sure how to go about this, i looked up posts but i dont understand it clearly enough. Would it be plug and play since I already have power seats? And how would the heated option be wired up? The seats are probably coming from a 1995 - 1997 ford explorer Eddie Bauer limited edition. Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would guess you would have to splice in some wires for the heated part. not sure but probably one pos and one neg? if that is the case make sure you splice into a power wire that only gets power when the car is on! or else if you forget to turn your heated seat off it will kill your battery when car is off..

I'm not sure, but it would be best to find out just how much power those seats are going to draw. I don't think it would be an issue with the alternator so much as the fuse limit on the power seats. I would try and find out how much each seat is using because you may need a larger fuse/ larger gauge of wire.

I'm not sure, but it would be best to find out just how much power those seats are going to draw. I don't think it would be an issue with the alternator so much as the fuse limit on the power seats. I would try and find out how much each seat is using because you may need a larger fuse/ larger gauge of wire.

my issue wasn't the strain on the alt but when the car is off and the heated seats get accidentally left on they would still be drawing power.. so the next morning you go to start the car and you have a dead batt. MOST power seats including our explorer have power all the time because your only drawing power when you are actually moving the seat. so if you just splice into the power seat harness you need to be careful

my issue wasn't the strain on the alt but when the car is off and the heated seats get accidentally left on they would still be drawing power.. so the next morning you go to start the car and you have a dead batt. MOST power seats including our explorer have power all the time because your only drawing power when you are actually moving the seat. so if you just splice into the power seat harness you need to be careful

I see where your comming from. I found wiring diagrams of how to install the seats into an explorer that doesn't currently have power. Im trying to figure out the connections to give the heatedness to the seats, so i could know where to run the wires.

Back