• Register Today It's free!

Upgraded the brakes

12secondv6

Reaction score
City, State
Hewitt, New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer XLT 4.0
The stock ones were shot so I figured if they are getting replaced then I should go with something better.

I've run these on my 96 Firebird and 97 Trans Am so I've had good experiences with them.

EBC slotted and dimpled rotors front and rear
EBC Green stuff 7000 series front pads
EBC Green stuff 6000 series rear pads

I've put about 4,000 miles on them. Stopping distances are significantly reduced. Very little brake dust. They are very noisey when cold and get better when they are warm. Even when they are warm they are still kinda loud... but I'll take increased noise for better braking.

I would still suggest them to anyone

The stock ones were shot so I figured if they are getting replaced then I should go with something better.

I've run these on my 96 Firebird and 97 Trans Am so I've had good experiences with them.

EBC slotted and dimpled rotors front and rear
EBC Green stuff 7000 series front pads
EBC Green stuff 6000 series rear pads

I've put about 4,000 miles on them. Stopping distances are significantly reduced. Very little brake dust. They are very noisey when cold and get better when they are warm. Even when they are warm they are still kinda loud... but I'll take increased noise for better braking.

I would still suggest them to anyone

I currently have Powerslots and Hawk HPS pads at the corners. When I first picked up my Sport at 92K, the braking scared me. I did the rotors and the pads at 100K and I've enjoyed great stopping power for 30K. I always wondered, though, if I would have gained significant improvement with just a performance brake pad install. For my next pad install, I do plan on going with EBS Green Stuff.

I have the Powerslots and Hawk Ceramic, very nice, big difference in stopping power.

I also did the EBC Slotted rotors and GreenStuff Pads for front and rear and they are GREAT! It stops great 100% better than stock. When pulling my three Quads it stops just fine that's also with the sliders and things on mine so it weights in at 5043Lbs for the truck itself to. LOVE the EBC upgrade as well, stopping distance greatly improved. Also I have 12,000K on my brakes and still perfect.

Back