Upgrades for 4.6 V8 XLT 2003. | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Upgrades for 4.6 V8 XLT 2003.

lol

ORDERED.

I should be recieving my supercharger in roughly two weeks...(To save on shipping...) and am now speaking to people about a new program

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes, but what from whom and for how much?
Scotty

Wow, looks like I have missed a little bit in this thread since being gone on the business trip. I will let sleeping dogs lie though. ;)

Glad to hear you found what you were looking for zerodevil.

The novela continues... What's this about nitrous in 2008? Is this part of the Supercharged system you have? Are there pics of this system in your garage?

The novela continues... What's this about nitrous in 2008? Is this part of the Supercharged system you have? Are there pics of this system in your garage?

There is one hell of allot more than just nitrous coming in 2008. More like CNC ported race heads, blower cams, nitrous, and a fully redesigned return fuel system (again) with a full dragracing fuel cell in the rear and Aeromotive A1000 pump, and of course new stainless 3" dual exhaust dumped at the rear tires. All of the power mods are in addition to what is already on the truck. This vehicle will see 20 psi of boost on the supercharger and I will probably do a smaller 50-75 shot of the juice.

Yikes! That is living! Well, I will watch for this... it will be a build thread, no? Thanks! :)

Yikes! That is living! Well, I will watch for this... it will be a build thread, no? Thanks! :)

I will probably post a few pictures but I haven't decided whether I will do a full blown build thread or not.

lol

well i have one last question.

my supercharger is still in the mail, but i was wondering if my engine, trany, and transfercase are still going to be strong enough after 93000 miles to take 6lbs of boost on an everyday basis. Or should i go ahead and get a rebuild? its almost always cheaper to maintain than to fix...so let me know.

if you drive it to last it will, if you trash it it won't last, warm it up and use the force Luke, with intelligence Luke, fly zero fly
Scotty

im trying to find pictures of this set up
on the site the pics wont load up
:(

They used to but no with allengines.com going out of business I'm wondering if it ain't a related problem
Scotty

well i have one last question.

my supercharger is still in the mail, but i was wondering if my engine, trany, and transfercase are still going to be strong enough after 93000 miles to take 6lbs of boost on an everyday basis. Or should i go ahead and get a rebuild? its almost always cheaper to maintain than to fix...so let me know.

There was someone on here that had a Mounty or Explorer and had a supercharger and was puttin out some BIG numbers, and they never had any problems for years and years...

Supposedly the rear end will hold up fine, because if your AWD, alot of that power is going to the Front too, not just the RearEnd.And as far as I know and heard, the Front transfercases are very strong, since they are built to be used for daily driving.(like in mountaineers, the AWD is always being used, so its strong enough)

I wouldnt recomend rebuilding the motor unless you plan to drag run it alot and modify it alot more. Daily driving and toying around on the highway everyday, the v8 will hold, and dragging it every once in a while isnt going to hurt either.
I would get a transmission cooler ASAP though.
If ANYTHING will fail, it will be the transmission,lol.

I though the 5R55 were strong units
Scotty

i've been reading throu this coz ive made an offer on an 02 4.6 explorer and am checkin out mods already

They used to but no with allengines.com going out of business I'm wondering if it ain't a related problem
Scotty

im also interested to see a pic of one of these and to see how zerodevil went with his install and what changes came of it

If it helps I purchased my '04 XLT 4.6 here in Brisbane for $16,000, he was offered 15 by every yard in town, this was only 6 weeks ago. It's got 109,000k's and in good nick. I reckon it'd retail in a yard for 23-24k
Scotty

gettin mine from a dealer over here in perth
its the UT Limited Wagon 4.6 and am payin $21990 but it only has 92tho on the clock and a few extras but yer already thinkin mod's for it
and im also half way throu a few mods on a 5.3 3 valve with whipple for a fairlane (77 modle)

So one month on & no further updates ???????????????????????
Scotty

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sorry about the delay, ive been out in the bush on buisness.
well, i came into a problem with the above company as they were UN ABLE to order the supercharger.(guess they didnt know AE went under either...who figured?) and they have since refunded my purchase and gave me a pretty long song and dance about how sorry they were....my search for a supercharger continues...sorry guys, but if it looks, smells, and tastes to good to be true...its to good to be true.

In other news, I have dropped a granatelli ingition system, granatelli underdrive pully set, and a granatelli MAFS under the hood....and while i have yet to have the engine dynod...i can easly see 320 HP at peek(witch is quite conservative) (Up from 280)..while thats an improvement, im still going to work on finding a suitable supercharger (roughly 7-8 lbs of boost in a roots style configuration)...ill keep you posted...im fairly certain a model for a 4.6 F150 of the same year will do.

again, sorry for the long wait.

edit:
I just did a little more looking, and im having a hard time finding a Roots style kit for the 4.6 f150. What kind of modding would need to be done if i found one?

ive got one on ebay going for the DOHC 4.6...what kind of mounting issues would that cause? its M112 Eaton full kit.

Lol hang on, i found another place that supposidly carrys the AED for the X, sent an Email and i hope i hear back soon, ill let you know.

Back