• Register Today It's free!

upgrading factory stereo

crazeinc

Reaction score
City, State
Naperville, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Explorer
i've got a '94 explorer and if you can believe this the head unit doesn't even have a tape deck, just radio!

I think I'll play it cheap and just upgrade it from another factory head unit, so I'm curious what years are compatible with mine? I found a head unit and amp from a '96 contour for instance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

crazeinc said:
i've got a '94 explorer and if you can believe this the head unit doesn't even have a tape deck, just radio!

I think I'll play it cheap and just upgrade it from another factory head unit, so I'm curious what years are compatible with mine? I found a head unit and amp from a '96 contour for instance.

Factory Radios w/MP3 Capability

Just go here, they have some awesome radios.

I would just go aftermarket.

Better in so many ways.

go to cardomain.com and looky at the choices, if you are electronically capable...the adapters would be essential and the time and budget are only those which stand in your way... :cool:

You cant really get much more than a factory tape player without premium sound, your best bet would be to get an enexpensive aftermarket cd player.

Back