• Register Today It's free!

Upgrading Navigation DVD

tldt2003

Reaction score
City, State
Johnstown, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 E.B.
Are there any limits on how new you can go with these? I have 4p now and I wanted to get one of the newer ones, but I wasn't sure if they were all compatible or not...

thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are there any limits on how new you can go with these? I have 4p now and I wanted to get one of the newer ones, but I wasn't sure if they were all compatible or not...

thanks!

The newest should work fine as they're all the same HW underneath. I upgraded from 4P to 7P and plan on moving to 8P when I can get my hands on a copy cheap.

are nav dvd's

compatible with other ford nav systems I have a Linc. navigator with 4p dvd and would like to upgrade. Is there somewhere to get these dvd's cheap?

13P Nav DVD!

While this may be too late for the originator of this thread, if you are looking here for an answer on updating your Nav Data for a reasonable cost and forget those $199 specials, the answer lies with NaviDVD at http://navidvd.com/

I just got 13P for $45 + $6 shipping for my 07 Expy that is also good for
* Ford Explorer (2006-2008)
* Ford Explorer Sport Trac (2007-2008)

I have be logging my activities to do this for my (new to me) 2010 Explorer under the Gen 4 Modified section. See my post titled "The (Navigation) Dilemma" for my experience with NaviDVD.

Linking to your thread for easy reference:
The (Navigation) Dilemma

Also, quick question: how do you know which version is currently installed?

Thanks for sharing!

I loaded 13P into my early 06. Works just fine.
After a year or 2 I get an error since the disk was a used one and I think has some scratches so once in a while it will not load.
You can see your version by retrieving the disc from the lower slot by going to Nav menu.

Linking to your thread for easy reference:
The (Navigation) Dilemma

Also, quick question: how do you know which version is currently installed?

Thanks for sharing!

For system in my 07 Expy (was same in my 'used to have' 06 Explorer):
Menu > System Info and then right above the soft button for "Access Nav DVD" it will say what version you have, like 3P or whatever...

For system in my 07 Expy (was same in my 'used to have' 06 Explorer):
Menu > System Info and then right above the soft button for "Access Nav DVD" it will say what version you have, like 3P or whatever...

Awesome - thank you!

Back