USB Music Not Working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

USB Music Not Working

Reaction score
City, State
Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 XLT
My USB music is not working anymore. It used to work just fine - plug it in and hit play and it would go. I've tried with both my ipod and a usb flash drive with some music on it. Any ideas? I added music recently, but I think it worked after that. It did the indexing for a while, but that is all completed. The songs show up and look like they are playing. I can search through the songs, I just can't hear anything. It also did the automatic sync update or something recently, but again I think it worked after that. It doesn't give any error message, and I'm pretty sure I'm doing everything right because it says it's playing and I had used it for a couple weeks already. AM/FM/Sirius/CD work fine, but the USB flash drive and ipod through the USB port won't play music.

Sorry for the long rambling message. I'd love to hear any ideas you have.

My USB music is not working anymore. It used to work just fine - plug it in and hit play and it would go. I've tried with both my ipod and a usb flash drive with some music on it. Any ideas? I added music recently, but I think it worked after that. It did the indexing for a while, but that is all completed. The songs show up and look like they are playing. I can search through the songs, I just can't hear anything. It also did the automatic sync update or something recently, but again I think it worked after that. It doesn't give any error message, and I'm pretty sure I'm doing everything right because it says it's playing and I had used it for a couple weeks already. AM/FM/Sirius/CD work fine, but the USB flash drive and ipod through the USB port won't play music.

Sorry for the long rambling message. I'd love to hear any ideas you have.
I’m sorry I missed your thread before and it’s unfortunate you haven’t been able to enjoy your music. Are you still experiencing the issue? If so, please send me a PM with your VIN, dealer name, and approximate mileage, then I can assist.

Cory

Back