Use Gift Cards to save on Fuel at Frys Food Stores | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Use Gift Cards to save on Fuel at Frys Food Stores

Maniak

Moderator-Stock 91-94
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Vail, Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT 4x4
This was posted in a gas thread but I figured I'd put it here too.

Assuming you have a Fry's food stores that sells fuel, this trick will help you save money on fuel by doing home improvement/repairs etc.

Fry's food stores (at least around here) give $.10 per gallon off per $100 you spend. BUT, Fry's food stores gives 2x points when you buy gift cards and 4x during the holiday season...

When I need to do some home repairs/improvement I stop at Fry's on my way to Home Depot.

Recently I had to replace a water heater so I picked up a $500 gift card for HD on my way. That got me $1000 worth of points or $1.00 per gallon discount.

That, combined with another gift cards I bought/used and food purchases this month got us a $1.40 savings on fuel. We got 34.50 gallons so we got a total savings of > $48.

This might work for other food stores that sell fuel AND gift cards.. Its worth looking into..

It is nice seeing a somewhat low price on fuel during a fill up ($1.80 in this case)

~Mark

Attachments

• photo (32).jpg
    photo (32).jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 403

Giant Eagle around here does it. 10 cents per 50 spent, and they sometimes do double, so 20 cents per 50.

Plenty of times we when building our new house we had free fill ups. I noticed at one point the receipt said yearly fuel savings close to 700 bucks! And that was only gift cards, we never buy food there (several stores closer and cheaper)

Fuel discounts only apply up to 30 gallons. Martins/Giant foods does it here as well but only on food purchases, not gift cards. Same with shop and save i believe.

Fry's (at least around here) is offering 4x fuel points when you buy gift cards. The 4x points appears to be good until 6/25/13

I'm on my way to $1.50 off a gallon this month and I have have at least $1.00 off a gallon or more next month.

~Mark

Back