• Register Today It's free!

Vacuum line question

Shaggy433

Reaction score
City, State
Sandusky, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Eddie B.
Can anyone tell me where this vacuum line is supposed to go? It comes out from under the throttle body and goes straight out towards the drivers side. It has a 90 degree down turn on it and then it ends right behind the black tank that sits behind the washer fluid/antifreeze reservoirs. It is a hard tube line so I'm pretty sure it is supposed to be somewhere around there.

dscn1372g.jpg

thanks boggs1227 for the picture!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

On my 91 it runs to the black box. Just before it gets there there is a T intersection that connects an electrical sensor to the line, and then it attaches to the black box on the top, on the drivers side, the bung closest to the rear (there are two in line).

The vacuum line that is on the bottom of the throttle body goes to the Charcoal canister. Its a black box type thing near the front left. IIRc the is a valve on that line between the TB and the canister.

~Mark

I was thinking thats where it needed to go but can't find anywhere that it is supposed to go...I will take some more pics when I get off work ~4pm...Thanks for your help guys!

ok the front side of my canister goes to the antifreeze tank and the back side goes straight down and towards the rear of the truck...is that right?
dsc00514r.jpg

ok the front side of my canister goes to the antifreeze tank and the back side goes straight down and towards the rear of the truck...is that right?

No, thats not right..

The Overflow tank connects to the radiator (right by the radiator cap) and thats it..

The Charcoal canister has one hose that does go to the tank, and the other hose goes through a valve into the throttle body.

The way you have it described you can get coolant into the charcoal canister. I have no idea what that will do, but I'm sure the technical term for that is "BAD".

~Mark

I thought that didnt make sense! but I dont see anywhere near the rad cap to put that line...Im gonna go double check it right now back in 5 to report.....

... I have no idea what that will do, but I'm sure the technical term for that is "BAD".

~Mark

:afro: lol definitely not on the "Good" list

ok well it seems that I need to go through every part of my truck and see what else has been just slapped together!! I hooked up the coolant line to where it goes by the Rad cap and hooked the vacuum line up on the front spot on the charcoal canister where it should be.....and so far so good.....I think I got really lucky that my truck hasn't died because of no coolant....I pulled the cap and the rad was half empty! But now its all filled and the res is full to the cold full line...

Thanks guys for all your help...If any of you come to Cedar Point area let me know and I will buy the first couple rounds! (and get you a helluva deal on a hotel room!!!!)

Back