Vacuum lines for a/c positions

mafloc78

Reaction score
City, State
Sosua / Puerto Plata
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer Sport Trac 2001
Sport Trac 2001
Hi, I have some problems with the vacuum lines for the different positions of air controlling. In the moment the air comes only in front out on every positions. Defroster, food/defroster, food, the don't change the airpositions.
On the passenger side I see 2 vacuum lines, black and white. the black goes directly under the hood and white goes under the hood too and to the small part the open and close the flap of the ventilator.
I think under the hood the vacuum lines have problems.
I see the white vacuum line goes to the right side on the motor and goes to a part under the airfilter, there is a small ball that have 2 connections, but there goes only one line in but nothing goes out.
Maybe anyone have diagram or better pictures about the right connectios of the vacuum lines. I think the dominican mechanics cut or connect some lines wrong.
I dont know to where goes the original connections of the colored lines , black, white, yellow, red and blue.
I hope somebody can help me.
Thank you

I have a similar problem with one of my Explorers. I've narrowed it down to being not a vacuum line problem, but an vacuum motor problem. The vac motors open/close doors in the HVAC plenum to redirect air flow. IIRC there are two of them.

Someone (Turtel?) published a diagram of the vacuum system some time ago. I think I saved it. If I can find it all post it for you.

Edit:
Sorry, I can't find the diagram.

Back