Valve Cover Gaskets for '99 5.0....OEM or aftermarket? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Valve Cover Gaskets for '99 5.0....OEM or aftermarket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

celly

disturber of the peace
Reaction score
City, State
calgary
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 eb 5.0 awd
I'm off to Kansas in just under 2 months to get some work done on my '99 EB. I've already got a set of OEM valve covers down there so Jon can do his powdercoating magic on those and other things (in addition to helping me with TMH!). Anyhow, I'd like to replace the valve cover gaskets while we're in there. I'm buying from Summit and they have lots of choices. I've narrowed down to Ford Racing, Trick Flow and Fel-Pro but would love input on other choices. As always, I don't have a clue. :rolleyes:

Thanks in advice for your opinions. I'd like to hear form those who have experience in 5.0 applications if at all possible (you know who you are). :D

i have always used Fel-Pro Gaskets for years and have never had any problem with em.
I just installed a set in my Van (351W) and no issues with em.

Speaking of Jon, I wonder where he is hiding today. Hopefully out enjoying the weather and sending my gauge cluster:p:

i have always used Fel-Pro Gaskets for years and have never had any problem with em.
I just installed a set in my Van (351W) and no issues with em.

Thanks. I went with Fel-Pro. I just placed an order for these and some other goodies from Summit. Wanted to take advantage of the best USD/CAD exhanges rates (for us Canucks) in a long while.

I hope Jon has room for all the stuff I've been sending his way. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back