• Register Today It's free!

Vapor Canister?

Abbondanza

Reaction score
City, State
Long Island, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 XLT 4.0 OHV 170k
I have a question about the Vapor Canister Purge Valve (pictured below) which is mounted on the front drivers side of the engine bay, lower than the battery on a 96 4.0 OHV.

My CEL light came on and it was code P0455. I checked my gas cap, all good there.

I looked down there at the Vapor Canister Control Valve, and I found an approx 4" spring sitting there, as well as a disk with a rubber gasket and what looked like the valve cover with a vacuum hose and electrical connector coming off of it that was just hanging there..so I assume it came apart, I do remember my tire (off the car) getting caught under that wheel well for a minute when I was rotating them, so I think it must have knocked this thing apart.

Anyone have a picture or diagram of it assembled? Hoping I can reassemble it, I think the base of this piece is mounted towards the front of the truck in front of, but below the battery.

I've added pictures below of the valve cover and the spring and piece I found.

Any pictures diagrams or instructions how to put this back together would be a big help, thanks.

vcpv.jpg

vcpv2.jpg

valve.jpg

spring.jpg

Anyone know how the spring and second piece go inside of the valve?

I just wanted to post that I cannot see the pics.. I don't know if its just me (work might be blocking access to the url... I can't say, I don't recognize the domain)..

Just figured I'd post up, just in case.

~Mark

The pics show up for me Mark, maybe someone can help out and post whether they see the pics or not.

Thanks for the info though.

Back