Emission : Vapor Canister Vent Solenoid | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Emission : Vapor Canister Vent Solenoid

bigcrunch

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 v8
Where is it located on a gen 2 v8 AWD 4 dr 2000 ?

I keep getting p0455 repalaced gas cap, checked hoses,,,

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Above the spare tire toward the driver side.

I believe there is also a vacuum solenoid for this under the battery tray, which can get corroded from battery drip. Look for hidden holes in the fittings.

Usually p0455 is a hole in the filler tube or the tank nipple. Rust is often hidden under the rubber fill hose. Recommend removed and inspect. Three sheet metal screws next to the gas cap and two hose clamps. Other common issue is the plastic ring in the filler tube just under the cap cracks. Take off the cap and shine a bright light around the outside of the filler. The cracks usually have a brown/rust colored edge to them.

I had this code intermittently. Replacing a leaking, rusty fuel tank (unbeknownst to me the strap rusted and broke and the tank rotted where it rested on the skid plate) solved the problem.

Bill

I took a look at the filler neck, plastic looks all good. But I do recall now a couple of times I filled the gas tank (not overfilled) I could smell gas inside. I should look at the evap canisters prob.

Back