Vehicle Security System - Perimeter Plus Installation? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Vehicle Security System - Perimeter Plus Installation?

Post number 10 has been selected as best answered.

I haven’t because this was self installed. And I’d I bring it in I’ll have to pay and that sounds horrible. I’d rather take out the system. My wife said the range on the remote start fob was meh and that was the whole reason to begin with. As the app never worked when we needed it
I have also problems with the perimeter plus alarm. Installation went ok. After I lock the car, every now and then the car gives a short little honk.
No idea what it causes but it's very annoying. Explorer 2021 by the way.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have also problems with the perimeter plus alarm. Installation went ok. After I lock the car, every now and then the car gives a short little honk.
I know even before this, if you leave the car running but walk away with the keys or open and shut the door, a honk happens. It is so annoying. I disabled it via forscan

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Your profile shows 2013 Explorer BTW. ;)
PM sent.

Peter

Well in my testing of things. I have lost the jumper for the VSS box. If anyone has a spare or has the part number for the jumper, please let me know!

The plug if plugged in, disabled the "extra security features". if you unplug it will supposedly enable all the extra shocks and sensors to trigger the alarm.

Our explorer is still setting off alarms randomly....I want to try the plug again now that the VSS box is zip tied secured, after that I may try to warranty the part

Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 2.28.32 PM.png

anyone have that jumper they could take a picture of? I'll make one but need to see the size/type/config

Bump.

found the jumper. But still having the random car alarm go off once it is plugged in. Has anyone added vss? the forscan options via the f150 seem like there may be something that needs to be done

Back