VENOM 400? ANYBODY USE THIS THING? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

VENOM 400? ANYBODY USE THIS THING?

410Fortune

Truck Season!!
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
NORTH IDAHO, 7B
Year, Model & Trim Level
B2 "Slightly" Modified
Callsign
FOURTEN
Okay for those of you who have never seen this gizmo, basically it is a piggyback module that you wire into your truck, it monitors the TPS and MAS and adjusts the fuel/spark for peak performance.

According to Truckperformance.com this gizmo is available for our OHV 4.0L engines.

I'm not about to shell out $300 to be the test dummy, so I was wondering if anybody has tried one of these.

Thanks!

I'm planning to order a Diablo chip for my truck sometime soon and I always shop around for the best price and look at all the other options. Any opinions?

Thanks!

No one that I know of on this board has but a couple of my camaro buds used em and said they worked well.

the venom 400 is a good item if you are fairly knowledgeable about the eec. the eec takes a while to recognize the performance gains associated with aftermarket parts and adjust itself,(air fuel ratio etc.)
but when you use an item like the venom, that feature is slowed down considerably. so you will notice gradually increasing performance gains and a few stumbles, which are the eec adjusting.

No personal experience, but a friend of mine has a sported out '98 sierra with one. He loves it! Said he noticed good response improvements when he hit the gas

Back