• Register Today It's free!

Vent Visors -- Ruined my ride?

bluevolume

Reaction score
City, State
Rochester, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 XLT
I put Vent Visors on my '00 XLS a few weeks ago, and they are driving me insane. Let me say first that I've put these on my last 2 Sports and a t-bird, I followed the instructions, and the installation looks correct.

On the front doors, I'm getting crazy wind noise inside now. Much worse than before installing them, and not something that happened on my other X's. On the back windows, they won't roll up all the way now without pushing out on the visor. The edges of the visor block the window from rolling all the way up.

What is the deal with this? Do I need to modify these things? The wind noise is annoying, but not being able to roll up the back windows is really bad.

Blue

There was a thread on here last week, I think, about this. I dont know what to tell you about the wind, but as far as the rear windows go, I know some people have actually had to trim the plastic to make the window go all the way. I'm assuming these are the "in-channel" ventvisors, if you really cant fix this, try going with the ones that adhere with 3M tape on the edge of the window. Im not sure how long the tape last, but atleast you'll be able to roll up your window. Hope you get your problem fixed. --MS--

Back