Ventvisor window shades | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ventvisor window shades

Brent Duey

Reaction score
I am going to purchase some black visor shades for all four dours. I was wondering which brands need the window to be down to install and which just mount on the outside?

Hello Brent, I'm from Nebraska too. Anyway I would have to suggest the WeatherTech brand. They snap into the window channel insted of using tape or screws. I also like them better because they aren't black, they have a light smoke tint. Even without tinted windows you can't really tell they are there. They also work better than the Ventshades. Hope this helps.

------------------
Jim Ferrarini
Skaman0182@yahoo.com
96 Sport 5-speed
Borla cat-back exhaust
modified airbox
K&N filter
+4 plugs
8.5mm wires
other small mods.

The VentVisors that I have, go in the window channel. I have seen VentVisors that also go on the outside of the window. My sugestion, go to look at them and dont buy them by mail or off the internet. I like the ones that mount in the channel, but that is my personal choice.

------------------
Nick
'93 XLT 4 Door 4x4
Bosch Plat+4's with SplitFire Dual Core wires and a
K&N Air Filter with a Modified Air Box

I have the Auto Vent Shades that mount on the outside with tape. I have had them on there for 2 years now without a problem. They have held up very well considering that they get hit with tree branches nearly every weekend. They are scratched all over but they haven't come off yet. You can see a picture of them at Dead Link Removed
Have fun!

------------------
Happy Trails!
'93 XLT
Many Mod's
To see some pics and to get a full list
of mods I have made to my explorer check out:
http://members.efortress.com/swankmi/

Back