Very Nice X..... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Very Nice X.....

I just wanna see the hood and see if it is in fact a good job. It looks to be but next time i am home and have time i am gonna go over and see it and look at the pan. That is one good lookin Explorer and that stereo looks bad ass, i need to get my friend to give me some more pics so i can post em here.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is that a stock front facia on the bumper, or aftermarket? I don't remember the difference on the Limited...

Nice ride, although I am not fond of the color or wheels, bt it is very clean and a good install. I'll have to se if I can find it at any of the shows this summer and get a closer look...

hey Cobra, i wanna see your X man, i am goin through locust grove on 75 on both Thursday and Sunday. Also, here is the link to the car club site www.chrome-n-motion.com , you might be able to find some good info there on how to find a show.

Thursday, I will be downtown until about 8:00pm, but Sunday I sould be home all day - unless the weather is warm enough for me to get the jet skis back in the water...

Let me know when you are coming through so we can meet up. I am about 5 miles from the Tanger Outlet off 75...

I am gonna be in Duluth all weekend at the Bellsouth Classic, so if you are gonna be on that side of town i will give you my number and we can meet up sometime.

I have looked for a few pics of a Limited, but haven't seen a bumper cover/fascia like is on his. Anyone seen one or know what it is off of?

I'm pretty sure that is a factory bumper cover. When I was out looking at car lots recently I saw one like it on several other limiteds and I thought about trying to find one for my truck.

Yep that's stock.

The hood looks like a Goodmark cowl from a simalir size hood grafted onto an X hood, look nice!

Its not easy to attach something like that to a hood. Eventually it will start to crack around where the seem would be because the hood flexes. I was thinking about doing that with my hood blister, but instead I'm just putting it on with bolts and a gasket to allow it to flex. I think it will work better that way and last longer because it is my daily driver.

The only way to keep the hood from not cracking in the seams or corners is to cut circular holes. I am trying it now on a hood for my X and one of the stang scoops. Hopefully I will be able to finish it up this weekend and see from there...

What do you mean cut circular holes? You talking about holes to make it functional?

By "grafting" i ment welding and bodyworking, sine most Goodmark hoods are steel.

Yeah 98, I was meaning making it functional. I was still asleep this morning when I read through it again, and thought that was what you were talking about :rolleyes: ... Now that I'm more awake, I can read clearly... :D

ya- that is stock color for '96 Limited opalescent pearl clearcoat metallic to be specific.
And that is the stock bumper in the front. Same as my '96 Limited
If anyone is interested, that is just like the roll pan I am having produced next weekend.
Let me know if anyone is interested.

Yes- thats a factory front bumper... have one sitting in my garage off my 96 limited... BUT it looks to be filled in!!!!..... If I remember correctly (havnt looked at mine since i removed it last year) there is a body molding stipe molded into bumper that matches the body side molding.

That is also a factory color.... and the reason for why my truck is BLACK..... I was going to get the pearl white but cant stand that white.... its yellow.....The new pearl white is awesome.

That truck would also look alot better if he removed the body side molding... it would make a world of difference in looks.

The hood is pretty ugly... looks like a cowl off the aftermarket hoods for a C5 vette

But the roll pan is so sweet!!! except the bottom of the marker plate is hanging off it :(

Originally posted by DarkFox1
sweet!

I knew the taillights would look like that, I'm calling shops about having that done now :)

Dont bother with the shop.....
Just find some matching paint (yours is white isn't it??) and mask off around the lenses....If you want to know more just say something...
Just finished up my new lights with clear turn signal areas and it looks perfectly factory.

ya I had looked at that for a long time, I called the shop anyway.. they want $65 to do it.. my main concern would be getting the wrong shade of white.. you know how that is.

Upgrading my taillights is the last thign on my agenda right now tho anyway heh

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yea, I know what you mean about finding a matching shade...
Yea, upgrading my tail lights should be the last thing on my agenda, but I get distracted way too easily.....
I always tell myself "Nothing but performance/handling parts from now on"....Maybe one day I will listen to myself :)

Back