• Register Today It's free!

volunteer firefighters

tucker1

Reaction score
City, State
LS, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 EB
Alright guys I was wondering if you could help me out. I just purchased a '02 EB explorer. In my old explorer I had wig wags(headlight flashers) installed. I really didn't want to go putting wig wags in my new explorer w/o seeing if anybody else has done it successfully. Because this car is controlled by mostly electronics, is it safe to go splicing the high beam wires? If so, do you guys have any pictures of your installation jobs?

thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

even though it is electronically controlled there should not be any problems with wiring in wig wags.... the attach after the pwoer source and use their own power source... like a parallel circuit with a common output device.... i wouldnt use the regular hi beams with wig wag hi beams though, that will try and pass 24 volts through the lights cuasing failure.

Get the plug-n-play harness from Galls. No wire splicing necessary. It will work with any flasher unit with a quick disconnect plug.

Galls stopped selling the quick connect

They are still for sale on their web site and in the EMS Fire Rescue summer 2002 catalog page 266.

Try and click order and it will tell you they are not available anymore... By the way would the quick connects work on a '02 explorer?

Back