Walmart Tires | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Walmart Tires

I'm not sure what size tires I want, so I was thinkin of experimenting with the Super Sport HT's at walmart. they are 35x12.50r15 at $119 each. I know the saying of you get what you pay for but this has me thinking hard. Any opinions out there...please post..........is this a no-no?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What do u think

533410_26_full.jpg

533410_30.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

those BFG's with the Black Rockcrawlers look great on your Ex

super sport ht

i just got a set of super sport ht's about 3 months ago. they are an excellent offraod tire.i got 30s but plan on going to a 33. they climb rock well, they do mud really well and all for a decent price. i would get these tires cause there good for the price. the only downside to the tire is the sound. there loud but i guess almost all mt's are loud.

Walmart Super Sport HT

The Walmart Super Sport HT mud tires that you are refering to are actually Kelly-Springfield Safari tires. They are the same as the Big O Tire brand of mud tire (Big O M/T?). I have the Walmart ones on my 95 XLT in a 31x10.5x15, no lift and no rubbing. They have the same rumble going down the road as the big swamper tires but they ride really good for what they are. Offroad, they are every bit as awesome as they look like they would be. I'd buy them again. I only have a few thousand on them, but so far the tread wear is good.

If the tires are made by a big name manufacturer they should be alright. The tires are probably newer rubber because they have more product turnover than a smaller tire shop.
/my $0.02

i have a set of 31x10.50 liberators on my 94 x-sport, no lift. they barely rub ever, and look good. there's a little noise, but not anywhere near an m/t tire. great on highway, ok on road. they are an off-brand of michelin tires. walmart's lifetime mount, balance, and road hazard rocks. i kinda wish i got the super sport ht's for a few bucks more.

tymhoff said:
The Walmart Super Sport HT mud tires that you are refering to are actually Kelly-Springfield Safari tires. They are the same as the Big O Tire brand of mud tire (Big O M/T?). I have the Walmart ones on my 95 XLT in a 31x10.5x15, no lift and no rubbing. They have the same rumble going down the road as the big swamper tires but they ride really good for what they are. Offroad, they are every bit as awesome as they look like they would be. I'd buy them again. I only have a few thousand on them, but so far the tread wear is good.

are you sure? they say Goodyear right on them

I didn't see it mentioned in the thread.. but most Walmarts will only install the stock tire size on an explorer.. (Same with Sams club, price club)

~Mark

you could just take the rims in and have them mounted,

thats what we do at the tire shop i work at, we won't mount any size that isn't recommend by the manufacter on your vehicle,
but if you just bring in the rims we do it no questions asked because we aren't actually putting them on the vehicle

I thought about doing that before... just bringing in the rims... but then I thought why should I bring my business to a company that is going to make me do work. If I get a smoking deal compared to what I can get from someone that will mount the tires/rims then it "might" be worth it. My time is valuble (sp?) to me..

Of course, I don't trust most places to work on the truck, so I do get the piece of mind when doing it myself... It just the hassle of trying to drag down 4 tires/rims to get new rubber put on and then put it back on the truck... Heck, it costs me $10 just to drive to town and back...

~Mark

I just priced some Liberators at Wally World yesterday and they clearly say Uniroyal on them now!! :eek:

Back