Walmart Tires !!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Walmart Tires !!!

I dont know if any one knows this but the Liberator tires that you purchase at your local walmart store are made by Michelin!!!
Thats right, the people at Michelin make these tires for Walmart there private label.
Of course the Liberator Tires you only get a 40 thousand mile warranty verses the Michelins you get a 50 thousand mile warranty, but the price can sometimes be as much as a 80.00 difference for the same size tire,
Example the Michelin LTX 265/75-16 = $165.00 from the tire rack
The Liberator from wallyworld 265/75-16 =$82.00
What a difference thats a savings of $83.00 just enough to buy another tire!

And who says it does not compare to shop around and save some $$$$$$$$

:burnout:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have those! Liberators are great. I am broke, and when it was time to get new tires I shopped around for the best price and voila! Liberators! The difference in money allowed me to get 31x10.5's and still come out better than an expensive brand stock size tire. Also, which is the most important part, they perform awesome on AND offroad, and they look sweet! Later.

i was thinking about buying Liberators myself after i put on the Goodyears that have after the Trans Trac AT's run out

I always thought Liberators were made by Goodyear, just curious how did you find out michelin makes 'em. I had them on my blazer before i rolled it, wish i could keept 'em. I bought the X with new tires on it, but I plan on putting on liberators when its time. Their a good tire.

A friend of mine that works at walmart told me. I was wanting to know all the specs on the Liberator Tires and they did not have that info in the walmart store, so he told me to call this 1 800 number, so I asked them that I needed to know the specs on the Walmart Liberator Tires, they asked me the part # and size, they gave me the info and said thanks for calling Michelin. So thats when I just point blank asked them do ya'll make the tires for Walmart? And they answered yes we do!

Be careful. Look at the 2 side by side on the showroom to make sure the tread pattern is the same.

NTB told me their no name was made by Mich and were EXACTLY the same. I looked at them on the floor and the only thing they had in common were that they were round, black, hold air.

They are made by Michelin. And Cooper. And Goodyear. And, uh...... i think they used to be made by Kelly too. Fact is they have so many built at one time in a contract. When that contract is up, they go with whoever is cheapest. For whatever reason, they keep jumping back and forth with manufacturers on the Liberators. You could in theory buy a set and have 3 different brands of tires on your truck. I saw a couple of Liberators rolling down the conveyor the other day, so it seems we (Cooper) are making them again. I know at times we have been producing them at the same time as "another brand" has been producing them.

Just to let you know, Walmart won't put on oversized tires. And its not worth the hassle to go to them.

its just like Bridgestone/Firestone are with Dayton, Sieberling and others,

Plus they make tires that carry the Fleet Farm Brand Name "Widetrack"

james t said:
They are made by Michelin. And Cooper. And Goodyear. And, uh...... i think they used to be made by Kelly too. Fact is they have so many built at one time in a contract. When that contract is up, they go with whoever is cheapest. For whatever reason, they keep jumping back and forth with manufacturers on the Liberators.
I just priced some Liberators at Wally World yesterday and they clearly say Uniroyal on them now!! :eek:

chrisrbarrow said:
I dont know if any one knows this but the Liberator tires that you purchase at your local walmart store are made by Michelin!!!
Thats right, the people at Michelin make these tires for Walmart there private label.

Liberators are made by Uniroyal......which is owned by Michelin.

We had a contract to make them and lost the contract. Next year they will be made by who knows.

Back