Want to buy Explorer but need a hand. . . | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Want to buy Explorer but need a hand. . .

sor118

Reaction score
City, State
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Limited
Hey Guys!

Awesome site. I test drove an sweet Black 1998 Explorer Limited today and it was puree joy. I was wondering if someone would be cool enough to run a carfax report if they have an account on VIN:

1FMZU34E4WZA46062

I really love this truck and would love to be a member of this site so I can too contribute like most of you do to the glorification of the awesome Explorer! Anyone?

Anything I should check for on this truck before I fork over any cash?

Thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hate to tell ya but this post is going to get deleted. that stuff is illegal and they dont allow it here. do a search and you will find all kinds of stuff to look for when buying.

if its a v6 then the trannies are the weakest part but if taken care of they will last. if its a v8 then they are pretty much bullit proof.

how many miles and what are they asking?

Welcome to the site, Please do not ask other forum members to run a carfax for you, this is illegal, and this site does not condone illegal activity, If you would like this information, it is very much worth the 20$ or what ever it is to cost. I do recommend runnign the carfax though, i know i ean it before i bought my truck....

again Welcome to the Best Explorer Forum around

sorry guys

Hi,

Thanks for the fast replies fellas. I had no idea that my request is illegal. I am also a member of dodgeintrepid.net and members do that all the time and people offer to use their account to look up VIN's for people. Maybe I'll bug them somemore since I own a trep and plan to for a long time. great car.

Anyway the truck is in fine shape. I has about 150,000 KM or 93000 miles and they are asking $12,900 CDN or about $9500 U.S. Does that sound like a decent deal. prices are so inflated where I'm from so I won't be surprised if that is high in cost.

Man that thing is loaded to the eyeball's with everything but a sun/moon roof but I can do without that. It has the cool information center that even tells you how condition of the bloody oil is.

Anyway, thanks for the welcome guys.

what engine does it have. if you have the sihc and ut makes a rattling noise when the engine is cold that is a big repair bill to fix

Not to change the subject. But why is it illegal?

even it is illigal what is the worst that could happen, a slap on the wrist

Originally posted by Billy177
even it is illigal what is the worst that could happen, a slap on the wrist

even if that is all that happens, i was jsut letting the person know, i have seen amany carfax please run my vin threads closed or even deleted for this reason....

Well my buddies over at Dodgeintrepid.net helped me out by giving me a link to a site that gies freecarfax reports for a limited time.

I test drove it a few more times and I decided to buy it!

Billy177-It has the S0HC 4.0L . What causes the rattling noise and how do you prevent it from happening? Mine doesn't have any rattling or weird noises at all presently.

Cheers fellas.

you cant prevent it from happining. the only thing i can think of is the cam tensioner recall might help

Back