Wanting to install HID headlights on my car | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Wanting to install HID headlights on my car

I have a 98 ford explorer, I don't know what type And size of bulbs but i really like the color temperature 10000k. A friend of mine recommended me to get a HID Xenon conversion Kit because they are best but he didn't explain why, don't know if he knows **** about cars anyway. I plan on buying it online and most likely Ebay, and i been looking at this http://www.ebay.com/itm/180467821569?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_6931wt_920

If you know more about HID headlights and have some experience please let me know, feel free to post a reply!

i just recently bought an hid kit for my 98 explorer for the fog lights and it will not work. Dont fully understand why i bought the kid from DDM tuning but it just doesnt want to fit the right way. anyone else know a good instruction manual or can anyone instruct me on it. Really bothering me now. Thanks they are 880/899 bulbs. all were the same catagory.

If I remember correctly, you have to modify where the bulb goes in. Or, the bulb is too long and won't fit in the stock location, so you need to get the shorter HID bulbs.

Back