• Register Today It's free!

Warn vs. MileMarker manual hubs

JasonX

Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XLT 4x4 4.0
I called around today for manual hubs and the conversion kit prices. Carquest told me $176.95 for the Warn hubs and $49.95 for the conversion kit. Autozone said they had milemarker hubs for $112.77 and the conversion kit for $36.99 . Are the milemarker hubs good because they are a lot cheaper and I've heard of Warn before but not Milemarker. Is there a major difference I should be aware of. I need help in deciding on paying 227.00 for the warns or 149.00 for the milemarker. It is snowing and my automatic hubs took a dump. All opinions and help would be greatly appriciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What is the warranty on both?

good question about the warranty I should probaly check that out...

I just ordered a set of the MileMarker hubs from Summit Racing. The MM and Warn hubs both carry a lifetime warranty and there was a post on here comparing the two brands. Now mind you these were external type hubs but they were almost identical to each other except for the warn hub used o-rings under the cap screws and a double gasket on the mating surface. In the write-up both were considered to be of good quality so I don't think that there is a whole lot of advantage to spending the extra money. Just my opinion though. BTW, for the hubs, conversion kit, and new RA bushings it cost me $180.00.

I got the Milemarkers from Autozone a couple of years ago. They've worked fine. My only complaint is with the spindle nuts. I must have got a bad set, because the spanner socket wouldn't fit right. Seemed like the notches were machined off center or something. A significant flaw when you have to tighten the outer locknut to 150+ ft lbs.

Back