Warning lights randomly pop up - Brake System / Advance Trac | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Warning lights randomly pop up - Brake System / Advance Trac

miller-time

Reaction score
City, State
Richmond, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer
I purchased my 2013 Explorer and ever since the 1st week, I randomly get a brake system warning light and traction control warning light pop at the same time. Once I cut the vehicle off and restart, the warning lights go away for a week or so, then randomly pop back up. I took it to the local Ford dealer and they could not pin point the problem, but their diagnostic tools directed them to change out the ABS module. After the ABS module was changed out, the warning lights still continue to pop up about once a week. Has anyone else experienced a similar issue? Any thoughts on what could be wrong? I figure it is a bad sensor that wigs out every once and a while...

Thanks for any help you can give! (PS. other than these nusance alarms, I love my Explorer)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I purchased my 2013 Explorer and ever since the 1st week, I randomly get a brake system warning light and traction control warning light pop at the same time. Once I cut the vehicle off and restart, the warning lights go away for a week or so, then randomly pop back up. I took it to the local Ford dealer and they could not pin point the problem, but their diagnostic tools directed them to change out the ABS module. After the ABS module was changed out, the warning lights still continue to pop up about once a week. Has anyone else experienced a similar issue? Any thoughts on what could be wrong? I figure it is a bad sensor that wigs out every once and a while...

Thanks for any help you can give! (PS. other than these nusance alarms, I love my Explorer)
Although I am unable to assist, I want to say Welcome to the Forum miller-time.:wavey:
I am sure that if any members have experienced a similar problem the will no doubt jump in. Are you able to run a vehicle health report when this occurs?Happy motoring. :thumbsup:

Peter

I hope you find the cause. My wife's 2007 Lexus does the same thing, but about four lights come on. I thought it went away when I installed a new battery, but it is back.

I have had my lights pop up but never my advance traction control. The lights went away when I took it into service and told them about it… not sure what they did but they fixed it. Is something blocking the sensors? Make sure they are clear and not blocked by anything. It can even be as something as simple as dirt.

I have a 2011 Explorer XLT and I am having the same problems. Took it to the dealer and they changed the wire harness under the seat. The fix lasted about 2 weeks and now the warning lights pop on just about every other day.

I have a 2011 Explorer XLT and I am having the same problems. Took it to the dealer and they changed the wire harness under the seat. The fix lasted about 2 weeks and now the warning lights pop on just about every other day.

Hi BlazinLady,

I reached out to you on another thread you posted on as well, but just in case you didn't see it, I wanted to touch base with you here too. I want to look into this for you and see how I can help. Send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name; I'll do some research.

Thanks!

Crystal

Hi BlazinLady,

I reached out to you on another thread you posted on as well, but just in case you didn't see it, I wanted to touch base with you here too. I want to look into this for you and see how I can help. Send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name; I'll do some research.

Thanks!

Crystal

PM sent

Back