warrior shackle install bolt snapped, need bushing, help | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

warrior shackle install bolt snapped, need bushing, help

Chrome_Rush

Reaction score
City, State
Dearborn Heights, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Ford Explorer 2wd 5
So before ordering my warrior shackles I decided to spend a few days soaking the bolts and making sure they would come free so I knew if I needed to order the energy suspension bushing kit also. The bolts broke free easily in all of them, then I put the wrench on the other side and give it a spin, both bolts in the right side shackle (top and bottom) spun freely. As did the frame bolt on the left shackle, but of course, one of them had to be seized... tried everything on the left leaf spring bolt and no luck getting it to move. Then the nut side snapped off. After that I even tried the air hammer with a pointed bit, it won't come out.

So I guess I'm going to need to replace the leaf spring bushings. However the frame bushings look fine. Actually the right leaf speing buahing even looks fine, I could realistically just replace the one bushing on the seized one. The problem I'm having is I can't seem to find just the leaf spring bushings anywhere. I don't really want to spend the 50 bucks for the whole kit with all 6 bushings just to change the 2 rear leaf bushings. Anybody know where I can get just the rear speing bushings?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Probably be able to find them individually through energy suspension's website.

Nope, they only sell it as a full set on their site.

Back