AAL and Warrior shackle install..any pointers? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

AAL and Warrior shackle install..any pointers?

97exploder19

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Limited 5.0
Hoping to do the AAL and Shackle install next weekend. Any pointers before I attempt? Ive read the how-to's multiple times.

Also, I want to swap the springs side to side, shouldnt be that bad with just one more bolt on each side to take out. Will I run into any problems with the alignment of the rear axle after removing both leafs? Thats really my main concern.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

As long as you read and follow the guides and stay safe, you'll be fine.

I need to tackle this project soon too. Haven't had time though but I have shackles lying around.

I pray that I dont need to do that! I should have done this over summer when the truck was parked for a few months. Now I need to start driving it so I can put the summer cars away.

PB blaster on all the bolts you'll need to remove. Start a couple of days in advance. Spray them a few times each day. Have a mini sledge hammer and drift to knock out any stubborn bolts.

Is there enough room to swing the hammer? Id look myself but I dont have the truck with me.

Back