• Register Today It's free!

weak coil cprings

fordman4662002

Reaction score
City, State
elsberry missouri
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 xlt 4dr 4x4
hello,i have a 93 4 dr 4x4.........the front springs are sagging........i have new shocks and new wheel bearings i cant feel or see any play in the ball joints.will the sagging springs cause tire excessive tire wear?it looks like the wheels are leaning in at the top really bad.

Sounds like that might do it. If those are stock springs, you have to realize those are 14 years old, and they've had a couple thousand pounds of weight on them every second since they were installed.

Replacing them wouldn't hurt, but just realize you're going to have new parts and old parts mixed together. But if you're wheels are going in at the top, I think having new/stiffer springs will space it out and correct it. I also wonder if an alignment shop can compensate this with different camber bushings, but I'm not sure.

Replacing the springs though sounds like a good idea, I believe you can get them from any major retailer, maybe even Autozone or something of the like.b

thanks blacksheep.i wondered if the alignment may be off also...........it does pull.....a little......i have looked at the springs at autozone and other places..........they sell moog........which i trust.they are like 90 bucks.all i know is it rides like a row boat and i have already put new shocks on..........but it squats so bad in the front it looks like it has a big block.......lol

while youre changing out the springs why not opt for a set of leveling springs? it will raise the front end back up to how it was factory and give you a more agressive look. i happen to have some for sale, see below lol

Back