• Register Today It's free!

Weird electical issues

dhays

Reaction score
City, State
University Place, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Limited
This is very minor but I'm a bit baffled. I just installed a K&N intake in my '02 4.6L Explorer Limited. My wife interrupted me with some other chores for a couple of hours so my battery had the ground disconnected for maybe 4 hours.

The truck runs fine but I've noticed to odd things. The first is that my heating system will not display outside temperature. The second is that my left turn signal is blinking at 2x the normal rate. The right turn signal is normal. So far I haven't noticed anything else out of the ordinary.

Also, how long does it take the ECU to readjust to the new air intake?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

my turn signal blinked really fast when the light was burnt out. im make sure your bulbs are ok. and your temperature thing i have no clue.

my turn signal blinked really fast when the light was burnt out. im make sure your bulbs are ok. and your temperature thing i have no clue.

Thanks. I'll check that out. I know my front works, I'll check the rear.

Thanks. I'll check that out. I know my front works, I'll check the rear.

i believe the bulbs for the blinkers r dual-filament so if even one filment is out, the brake light may work if the blinker doesnt... good luck

The fast blink does sound like a bad bulb. Do you have a button to turn on the temp display like in my '06? As for MPG's and time after installing the intake, my initial MPG after install was 8.8 Avg. I'm now at 10.1 Avg and it is SLOWLY improving but it seems that it just takes time. I am still in the first tank of gas since the install and I don't drive all that much. Before the intake install I was at 14MPG Avg.

The fast blink does sound like a bad bulb. Do you have a button to turn on the temp display like in my '06? As for MPG's and time after installing the intake, my initial MPG after install was 8.8 Avg. I'm now at 10.1 Avg and it is SLOWLY improving but it seems that it just takes time. I am still in the first tank of gas since the install and I don't drive all that much. Before the intake install I was at 14MPG Avg.

took a little while for my MAF and ECU to adjust to the intake and exhaust... wait another tank or two and u should be doing much better

Actually, I just got back from going to bank. Turns out, there is a button the change the display from inside temp to outside temp. Boy do I feel stupid.:eek:

And yes, it is the bulb. The rear turn signal bulb is out.

Interesting about the MPG. When I first started, it was at 8.0. The average is slowly increasing, now the displayed average is 11.2 and still climbing. I too am still on the first tank of gas. I think I'll drive to Seattle to take a girl back to college today or tomorrow. I'll take the truck to give it some freeway time. So far it has just been suburban driving. BTW, I was at about 14 mpg before the air intake as well.

Back