• Register Today It's free!

Weird misfire.

prerunner02

Reaction score
City, State
Sacramento, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 XLT 4X4 V8
Ok this started out a couple months ago I got some bad gas. Lopey idle, no power and surging while accelerating. A couple bottles of fi cleaner cleared it up. A month ago same issue, fi cleaner with no benefit. Then ses came on with missfire cyl 2 or p0302. Ceaned the coils, boots, and plugs. Ses went out but surging still there. Then ses comes back on p0302. A week later ses goes out, and surging very minimal. Then p0300, p0305, p0307, p0316. cleared codes after scan. 10 min later ses back on p0300, p0304, p0307, p0316. replaced fuel filter, plugs, boots, coils, with no benefit. still p0300, p0304, p0307, p0316. Removed injectors, cleaned thoroughly with and ultrasonic cleaner. A little gunk comes out. Ran injectors through 15 cycles each, replaced the little filters on them and the o-rings. Replaced them in a different order. Runs great for 5 min then back to the same. Lopey surging idle, surging on accel with loss of power, and dismal fuel mileage. Same ses p0300, p0304, and p0307. Oh and hooked up a vacuum guage 21.5 psi and the needle is dead still, passed every vacuum test. Can anyone help Im at a loss for words. Please help. Thanks Chris.

This is an intermittent problem. Some lights I have to look at the tach to make sure its still running, and I have had it die a few times at lights. Same with the surging some times it will take right off with no problems and other times it feels like I have a 4 cyl with only 2 cyl firing. This is bizaare. Is there any way the iac(which I have cleaned) could cause surging? Or the egr? Thanks for all the help

Back