• Register Today It's free!

Well.. I broke her good.

nstaab

Reaction score
City, State
Chandler, AZ, USA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT
I had a small accident with turning into a street, having a tire blow out, and sliding into a truck - the driver side is pretty bad.. any ideas what i should do with her? ive got Liability only, and shes got 150,000 hard miles on her, but still starts and purrs with every turn of the key... or she did

right now, i know the radiator is gone, sos the hood. and the front bumper, the trans is new - and the engine doesent eat much oil. ill get pictures, you think shes rebuildable from what ive said?, i want to say the front driver side is pushed in 6-8"

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is it still sitting level on the ground? If not, the frame is twisted, and that gets pricey quickly. Let's see some pics....

Yes, she looked level. Had a tire blown out -- but she looked level. In all honesty - its my only vechicle, as my Roush Mustang threw a rod thru the block, and im working on getting a motor for that. Im in a bad situation. Im going to try and get pictures tomorrow. Will update.

What was the brand of tire, and what size?

BF Goodrich. ive had bad luck with them, had 3 blow out, i nearly rolled once before cause the tire blew out, and had to stop quick.. was about to replace all 4 the next day.

How is the inner fender if its not to bad and the frame rail is straight I say go hit the junkyards:D

Darren, I like the way you think.......Namitey:D

My vote:

Hard Core Trail Rig!

What kind of BFG's? I have never heard of problems with them before.

my vote is also a trail capaple multipurpose rig.... i have resurrected my truck several times... ;)

Dan -i cant remember, ill have to look at them.

As far as resurrecting her - its gunna happen, and i think i might be able to get a 95 X 5.0/awd for cheap to drive as a daily.

Post some pic's it might be a realitivly easy fix. You aren't making payments , I'll assume you want to keep it that way.
Oh btw , your frame can be bent and still sit level.

Back