What can I do with it now? (Lund Racing Tuner) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What can I do with it now? (Lund Racing Tuner)

People wouldn't buy $600 tunes if they knew what they were doing.

Even with the ability to do it themselves, people still paid out the nose for tunes.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If it was easy to hack the Ford encryption, SCT (and a host of others) would have already done it for the Explorer. Somewhere there's a hardware/software guy reverse-engineering the Ford tables and building a software package for the Tuners to use as well as the flashing device. I agree it would be nice to be able to move it to another vehicle, but this is a relatively small market and I understand why the guy(s) making the hardware/software want to maximize their investment. Capitalism is awesome.

Performance has and will never be an inexpensive hobby, as Smokey Yunick famously said, "How fast do you want to spend?" $600 is a relatively small price to pay for such a big grin.

I'm using sct on my 14 sport without issue and its not perm. locked like the hypertech box....the didn't used to be locked less than 2 yrs ago.

I'm using sct on my 14 sport without issue and its not perm. locked like the hypertech box....the didn't used to be locked less than 2 yrs ago.

What are you using the SCT for? Last I heard SCT still hadn't cracked the tables for the Sport and no one could develop a tune for it until that happens.

Tunes are developed...I have a hard time using a dumbed down device that offers no features likes dataloging for 600 dollars...IMHO the sct device hands down is a better option.

Tunes are developed...I have a hard time using a dumbed down device that offers no features likes dataloging for 600 dollars...IMHO the sct device hands down is a better option.

I'm with you 100% on that, this is just the first I've heard and have been watching for SCT to jump into the Sport. The tunes you mention as being developed, who's are they? I haven't heard Unleashed or anyone else talk about this.

I have a hard time using a dumbed down device that offers no features likes dataloging for 600 dollars...IMHO the sct device hands down is a better option.

Not me. Considering Lund and Livernois have been tuning EB motor a lot longer than anyone else. As for logging, Torque App is just fine.

There is a team of tuners that have doing them since 2010 besides the ones mentioned abovw, this team put these tunes together. The insanity of only one person can tune a vehicle is incorrect as there are many gifted tuners out there...they call themselves calibrators. Strong arming the Industry is just wrong and many of us are sick of the premadonnas and bad customer service. This is based off what is have seen on multiple forums. no more taking money and running off! i must still need my coffee.

Who is selling SCT tunes for the Sport?

SCT does not support the X Sport. I work there, I own an XSport. We are working on development but it is at best 2-4 months out.

All.....if you don't want the 'dumbed down' tunes from Livernois and/or Lund, there is a simple solution.....DON'T BUY IT. For me, spending the money for the greatly improved performance is worth the money given I drive this thing 2 hours a day or more. Both companies clearly state that this is a locked down (more or less) tune and it can't be switched between vehicles. In addition, both companies have put out several updates. Not trying to be a cheerleader for either company, but it is their work we are paying for, and that work lets us enjoy the performance of our XPloders that much more.

All.....if you don't want the 'dumbed down' tunes from Livernois and/or Lund, there is a simple solution.....DON'T BUY IT. For me, spending the money for the greatly improved performance is worth the money given I drive this thing 2 hours a day or more. Both companies clearly state that this is a locked down (more or less) tune and it can't be switched between vehicles. In addition, both companies have put out several updates. Not trying to be a cheerleader for either company, but it is their work we are paying for, and that work lets us enjoy the performance of our XPloders that much more.

Well Said. I couldn't be happier with the performance I have from Lund.

There was nothing negative stated about the two shops making the tunes available. IMHO the hardware is limiting. And never was it stated as dumbed down tunes, do not manipulate this thread or put words into someones mouth when that was never said.

Now I have snows on the explorer, at least the sct handheld can allow tire size adjustment.

Now I have snows on the explorer, at least the sct handheld can allow tire size adjustment.

Would you mind explaining how you are "using an SCT" to tune your 14 Explorer Sport?

Livernois has the same now. Latest firmware release. Not so dumb down now.

That's for the f-150, the xsport is not so easy. They can do it but it requires a few trial and error attempts. Not exactly fool proof or smart, imo. It's up to the owner to gps varify speed with the new tires and they adjust till they get it right.

Livernois has the same now. Latest firmware release. Not so dumb down now.

They made a mistake. The xsport model does not support changing tire size.

That's for the f-150, the xsport is not so easy. They can do it but it requires a few trial and error attempts. Not exactly fool proof or smart, imo. It's up to the owner to gps varify speed with the new tires and they adjust till they get it right.

Ah. I guess we're back to dumb down tuner.

Hey 1/4mile.....here is a quote from you..."I have a hard time using a dumbed down device that offers no features likes dataloging for 600 dollars...IMHO the sct device hands down is a better option".

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey 1/4mile.....here is a quote from you..."I have a hard time using a dumbed down device that offers no features likes dataloging for 600 dollars...IMHO the sct device hands down is a better option".

Getting setup to log, so long as you have a tablet or a smartphone already is really cheap. To me it's a non-issue. The market is what it is at the moment, take it or leave it.
Personally, i like making more power so i'll take it.:thumbsup:

Back