What color should I paint my bumpers? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What color should I paint my bumpers?

I want everyone's opinion about what color I should get all my stuff powdercoated.
Gray is what I am leaning towards because I can get it to match the limited trim along the doors, some around me think it would look cool, some think it's dumb.

Black (that's what those who don't like the idea of gray suggest) My thing against it is that any bumper you order can be black, so why not give them a unique paint job.

White- It's been suggested. Stock ones were white, other's I've seen matching factory paint look really sharp, especailly at www.trailready.com I think this bumper contends with what they have to offer also.

Other- Give me an opinion. I did get a sweet new photo imaging program that works well to change color so I could try that out.

front bumper.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i'm not sure what your ex looks like from the side and what not, but try like a midnight blue thats really dark. or a dark forest green.... see how it looks?

Thats an awsome looking bumper!

PEE GREEN

I vote White on rear and Gray on front to match the Limited Stripe.

Robb

edit: or maybe gray on the front bumper and white on the guard

Like this dude
Dead Link Removed

If he painted it the color of those Liberty bars, I would just have to :shoot: him:)

Danny,I would suggest matching the Limited trim....

I would also suggest grey to match the trim on the X already

Wow!

Where did you get those Liberty bumpers? Do they make one for a '97 X? Please please please... :rolleyes:

emon, go to (dead link) I think they do make them for newer X's look under mini trucks.

I was looking into bumper guards for my white '94 Limited, and had decided to go with the grey to match the trim. If you paint it any other color, you'll be left with three grey plastic trim pieces that suddenly look cheap and out of place.

I ended up not getting a guard because I realized the only thing I need to protect the front of my truck from is pedestrians and other cars. And since both are quite squishy when you apply enough force, it seemed pointless.

Back