What do i need to do to run 33's | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What do i need to do to run 33's

I have a 94 EX with 3:73 gears and i want to put on 33's with a 4 or a 5.5inch lift. But i worried that i Will need to lengthen my driveshaft, lower transfer case do a body lift etc. to fit them? Also i read alot of guys runnin 3:56 gearing but nuthing about the 3:73, whats this going to do for me. I know that i can run the 33 but what about all the other "stuff"

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome here...there are alot of current threads that are called what size tires?, etc...use the search button and read the sticky's....as for the 3.56 gears??? alot of people are running 4.56 gears for their 35" tires...when you do your search you will also find info on wheel sizes including backspacing...remember, the search button is your friend and again, welcome here...:D

...lmao dan, i am glad to see i am not the only one who forgets to post the actual link...:D

Another Geritol moment brought to you by ExplorerForum :D

...lmao dan, i am glad to see i am not the only one who forgets to post the actual link...:D

Doh! And I even stikied it :confused:

Thanks guys !! I knew that there were other posts out there with the same tires but i was worried about the drive line if i ran the 33's thats all, thank you

Back