What do you love about your Explorer? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What do you love about your Explorer?

man do i have to remind people not to use cuss words in here for example Jeep, Range Rover, Chevy......

ahhh!

* Cough * Howard :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I couldn't live without my auto-on headlights, my auto-dimming mirror, my keyless entry keypad, and my auto interior lights shut-off (after 45min or whatever). :D

auto-on headlights!!!! dude i need those!!!!!!

Because my X is black and loud as hell.

i like that it is big and can hold alot of stuff and the stock sound system is pretty good,the 4-wheel drive is good for winters too or 4 off road he he:bounce:

I love driving around with a tow rope and pulling all my friends small cars out of snow banks.

I love the feeling I get when I see a bunch of Jr.High kids with their faces pressed against the windows when I'm dropping my brother off at school in the morning.

I love the look on the rice burners face in the next lane when he/she gets whooped by a two-tone ford explora ;)

I love being able to throw camping gear in and drive to the mountains for a weekend.

I love... well... just about everything :exp:

What I love about my X

I just got my X a week and a half ago. Traded in an 01 Mazda Protege *yech* Don't know what I was thinking when i bought that... Since I got my X, I added an aftermarket stereo and some neons under the dash. I just love to drive it. I feel no urge to go anywhere fast, just drive. I also love the color, it is an orange-ish copper-ish color, which is what attracted me to it in the first place. I love driving it so much that i make up excuses of places that i need to go, just so i can drive it...

I think it is an obsession.

Just my 2 cents:D

Why I love my explorers:

1. I can carry almost anything in there.
2. I can carry alota people in the truck. When I run out of space in the seats I tell em to sit in cargo area.
3. Can spend the night in the truck :D
4. I can out accel alota cars out there and im still stock with the OHV (my 96).
5. Don't have to worry during the winters.
6. Getting compliments on how nice my truck looks.
7. Just knowing I fully own 2 explorers already.
8. And being able to run over medians on roads when I REALLY need to get to the other side A.S.A.P.
9. I can peel out while those Honda SUVs can't.

I really REALLY love my Explorer, and have plans on selling one of em and getting a v8, but full time AWD makes me think if I really should....Hail Explorers!

Heres why

I love the feeling that i get when im at a red light and a Honda Civic is sitting next to me with those freakin small engines and they rev their ricer and i slam the pedal to the floor and that SOHC engine surges and i smoke him with the roar from my intake and the deep thunder from the exhaust.
I also love them cuz you can shear off a telephone pole and walk away thinking, damn , i just bought those fog lights.hahaha
Cant be the Ford explorer 6million built and still going strong.

I just recently bought my X, but I already know I'll never drive anything else. When this X goes to pot, I'll just buy another.

It is perfect for any kind of outing. I'm planning a camping trip next weekend to the desert with some of my shooting buddies for a little long range shooting.

Having just returned from Iraq, I refuse to "rough it" unless I have to. I'm renting a camper for the trip. I loaded up my X, and went to the MWR facility on base where I am to pick up the camper just to make sure I would be able to pull everything.

In the truck, I was able to fit:

100 qt cooler
4 pelecan rifle cases
all of my camping gear. When I was finished packing the truck, I couldn't see out the back window.

The camper was filled too, and the 230+hp engine had no problems pulling what I am guessing to be 3000+lbs worth of gear.

I copete in long range rifle competitions, and I have to drag a lot of gear to each match. When I was still driving my Mustang, I could never fit everything in the trunk, and had to put a lot of stuff in the back seat that was a pain in the ass to put in and take out.

I can take it more places than I could my Mustang. Now that I have an X, I can shoot in more matches. Some of the matches here are held at a range that is at the end of a long dirt road that has not had any kind of maintenance in years and has several washout points.

The x puts the utility in SUV.

Here're some reasons why I love my rig:

-Plenty of room for 5 adults plus luggage

-I can move all my stuff from my dorm back to home, then back to the dorm

-AUTOLAMP!!!! I use to live without autolamp, but after the conversion, I can't live without it!!

-Looks. I love the way my truck looks, especially when it's freshly detailed

-Power, I know it's an OHV, but it's got tons of low-end torque. I beat a few ricers before off the line but they usually beat me when I reach around 55, 60mph.

-Ride isn't too harsh. It's pretty comfortable.

I like my X because its a sleeper, everytime i go out four wheelin people are himmin and hahhin about my X shouting things like "YEAH RIGHT" when i come up to a hill. Then i go up it with ease, when the huge blazer that sucks fuel like mad and rides like a flintstone mobile couldnt, its a good feelin. And then i drive home with the AC on and my JL Audio bumpin knowing that i got one hell of a truck.

Originally posted by GunnFixr
The camper was filled too, and the 230+hp engine had no problems pulling what I am guessing to be 3000+lbs worth of gear.

Hey GunnFixr, I'm not trying to mess up what you're saying or anything but, I thought you should know that your X only has 203HP. Not 230. Just thought you should know...

Originally posted by GunnFixr
Having just returned from Iraq,

Thank you for your service !!!!!

Originally posted by 03ExplorerSPT
Hey GunnFixr, I'm not trying to mess up what you're saying or anything but, I thought you should know that your X only has 203HP. Not 230. Just thought you should know...
Oh sure. Bust my bubble.

Sorry 'bout that. Typo, inverted numbers and whatnot.

Originally posted by MONMIX
Thank you for your service !!!!!
You're Welcome. Glad to do it.
17402iraq2.jpg

I like my EX because I can carry my family around in style. It is by far the best looking SUV on the road. Plus you can't beat the amount of room you have.

Things I love about my '94:

1. Large cargo area
2. Ability to pull snowmobile trailer plus gear
3. The abilty to spank the rice :p
4. Being able to carry friends around with plenty of room
5. Everything else!!!

Sure beats the hell out of my last car! ('84 Ford LTD with the ability to maybe spank a moped :rolleyes: )

After owning my (first) truck for a year now, now at 210,000 miles and still going strong, I pretty much plan to drive that thing till it literally falls apart (like that's ever going to happen anyway).

1.)Cargo Room- yeah, original answer, but When you haul lots of old computers home for parts and play music as well as sound-man and sometimes go into the mowing business, all that space is a HUGE benifit.

2.)Touque- I still don't believe that that engine is only 160 H.P., I've smoked the tires (Manual Transmission), hauled enough stuff to have the back end almost onto the rear wheels (Phone book Delivery), and the acceleration is awesome for such a heavy vehicle.

3.)Durability- I have only ever known once person who has hit a Step Ladder in the middle of the interstate at highway speed (70 Mph), gone Aerial (maybe a foot or two), and both the driver and truck came out of with with all 4 tires, and not a scratch. I also hit a Honda when I was learning to shift on hills, Explorer, a pea sized dent in the front bumper and a cracked Turn Signal Lens, Honda, needed a whole new rear quarter panel. I bring it into the shop next week (Grady's) and the worst thing they can say is my rear tail pipe has rusted 2" shorter.

4.)The Climate Control- Want to See Snow?!? Ok, Just kidding. Summers, let's just say the Pet Penguin would be happy, and Winter, I like the Ex more than the house.

5.)The Stereo- I have the Deluxe system, and 10 years later it still sounds good, I even get a pretty decent "thump" without blowing the stock JBL rear subs.

6.)The Sporty Look- The Explorer Sport lives up to it with the look. I have seen no other SUV's that came standard with a Mustangesqe Air Dam running along the sides. And 10 years later it still shines like the day mom got it off the lot.

7.)How the Engine Sounds- I flocked to this post b/c of this. I was outside moving some boxes out of the yard so I could park and I left the truck running and from outside the engine tone is that of a hot rod hidden somewhere in there.

8.)The Woman Likes It- And were talking a girl who likes C**vy here.

I could go on with more stuff, but I think I have said enough. :exp:
:exp:

I got a 6 fot bed, that never has to be made, oh wait, yeah, Mine came first:p

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Cuz it's Paid For!!

and at 150K miles, it's reliable and still running strong! hope to keep it for another 150K!

versatility. the other day i put down the rear seats and hauled some plywood and drywall away from the local menards, full 4x8 sheets! they hung out a little, but i don't haul that crap everyday, so who cares. just tied down the rear door and drove away. you can't beat that.

Back