What else could I use off a 95 explorer? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What else could I use off a 95 explorer?

sqhurt

Reaction score
City, State
ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 sport & 4 door
I am looking at buying a 95 explorer, Have the option to buy the whole thing for 200 or the motor for 150. All I want is the heads to throw on my 93 motor. But was curious to anything else I could use off the truck or motor. Thanks in advance

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Buy the whole thing

you could do the 2nd gen tail light swap. i would just buy it and part the rest out here and on craigslist. plus when it is just the body and frame left you can sell it for scrap metal for more than $50

you could do the 2nd gen tail light swap. i would just buy it and part the rest out here and on craigslist. plus when it is just the body and frame left you can sell it for scrap metal for more than $50

The tail lights are off lol.. They have it sitting on blocks so the rims are off an didnt ask about them. But other then the tails,rims, an the passenger mirror it was nice an solid inside an out.. oh an the tranny is gone.

I pulled up next to another 1st gen Ex this afternoon and lo and behold, the driver's door was from a 2nd gen with the keyless entry pad!

Good luck swapping the door keypad.....it requires A LOT of wiring.

The Rear-End is worth 250-300 EASY....depending on the Gear Ratio.....

Just buy the whole thing, sell the whole thing to someone on Craigslist for 2x what you paid for it...

Ryan

Good luck swapping the door keypad.....it requires A LOT of wiring.

The Rear-End is worth 250-300 EASY....depending on the Gear Ratio.....

Just buy the whole thing, sell the whole thing to someone on Craigslist for 2x what you paid for it...

Ryan

OK thanks everyone... One last thing about the 95tm heads they will fit right up to my 93 without any mod. right? Cause I was looking on auto zone web site an it looked as if the part numbers for the 93 an 95 head gasket was different. It was for the whole gasket set so I'm hoping thats why an the heads do bolt right on up.

If u do buy it can i buy the center console lid off you?

Good luck swapping the door keypad.....it requires A LOT of wiring.<snip>
Ryan
It looked like they replaced the entire door (different color paint) I have no idea if they hooked up the keypad or not (probably not)

kool thx man keep me posted over PM ^_^

you should be able to swap the interior,doors and rear hatch,carpet,im not to sure of,and i think the bumpers

swap the rear axle on your truck. you will get disk brakes and improve stopping power.
I don't think the heads will swap over. Didn't they use a dual overhead cam in those motors? you could swap the whole motor and ECU. that would get you some extra ponies and better fuel economy. I would like to swap in a 2000 motor with stand alone fuel management. But I have yet to find a motor that i am willing to pay that much for.

swap the rear axle on your truck. you will get disk brakes and improve stopping power.
I don't think the heads will swap over. Didn't they use a dual overhead cam in those motors? you could swap the whole motor and ECU. that would get you some extra ponies and better fuel economy. I would like to swap in a 2000 motor with stand alone fuel management. But I have yet to find a motor that i am willing to pay that much for.

So i cant use the heads off a 95? An to cheesypoofs I did not get the truck. Come to find out the guy didnt have the title let alone his vehicle. The guy that supposed to of owned it is in prison for another 7 months, thats what I was told from the guy who tried selling it to me. So off looking else where now. Thanks for all the input on what would fit my 93

You could have used the heads. And the rear axle and master cylinder would have been nice. The over head cam motor didn't start till later, 97?

You could have used the heads. And the rear axle and master cylinder would have been nice. The over head cam motor didn't start till later, 97?
Sorry, LBarr is right. I got 95 and 97 confused.

K thanks guys...... Well I bought a motor,radiator,an shrod out of a 95 explorer.. Now trying to do some search on what will need to swap things around..

Back