• Register Today It's free!

What Happened!

JSNYDERNJ

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 FORD EXPLORER XLS
I attempted to fix my Power Windows, in the process I managed to completely disable my car. Fortunately for me I was not far into the project, unfortunately I failed to remove the negative wiring from the terminal prior to checking fuses and voltage in the Battery Junction Box. Anyone have any ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...Always disconect your battery when doing any work on your vehicle that is in or around electrical...;)

...If you can describe a little better what you were doing and what happened as the end result, you may get some more answers...:scratch:

...I am not up on your gen of Explorer but I have heard of some issues with fail safe mode, pats, and security...:dunno:...I would however look into the fuses and relays...

I had checked fuse #23 under the hood and I had pried up the PWS on the driver side door. After I did that, I noticed the door locks were inop, which were fully functional before I had pried up the PWS.

So far I have checked the battery, fuses and relays all associated with the starter system and everything seems to be okay. I read somewhere that if your not careful (i.e. not disconnecting the negative terminal prior to electrical work) you can short the Engine Control Module and have to take to the dealership for reprogramming. Is that possibility?

...That is very possible...You might also want to take a look at your connections on the door panel...;)

...I am not up on your gen of X but I'm hoping someone will step in here that has had a similar problem...I know if you search while you are waiting, there was someone who did have a similar problem a while back..:dunno:...Good luck on this and I hope it's just a loose connection at the buttons...

Alright, thanks for help anyway.

Back